Credits & Acknowledgements
This website would not be possible if it wasn't for the WordPress open-blogging platform. In addition to WordPress, this website utilizes many plugins/themes, several of which have been heavily modified. There are about 20 additions installed, below are some of the especially useful ones:
- Vote it up: Adds voting to abstracts.
- WP-O-Matic: Automatically generates posts from RSS feeds.
- Sabre: Protection against spambots.
- Auto-tags: Automatically generates tags for each article, which are used to compare articles when making recommendations.
- Arclite: The theme this website's theme is based upon.
- Portable phpMyAdmin: Extremely useful database management tool.
- Easy LaTeX: Latex generation for posts/comments.
As of March 2014 the funding for this website is graciously provided by the Institute for Theory and Computation (ITC) at Harvard.
I would like to thank Shawfeng Dong, who had donated a very capable dedicated server to use as a host machine for this website in its early days, and Michelle Fumagalli, who helped come up with the name: Vox Charta (pronounced like Magna Carta), "The voice of the paper." I'd also like to thank the regular attendees at UCSC's astronomy coffee for their input during the site's initial design phases.