How To Participate
If you would like to help make your regular arXiv discussions better, we recommend you follow these rules of thumb:
- Read the abstract of the papers you vote for, and be ready to present the paper's major results. Extra credit for actually reading the paper itself!
- Vote early, preferably right after reading the day’s new postings. This will give people time to go over the papers that will be likely discussed before the discussion itself.
- Read the abstracts that are already near the top of the agenda, so that you will be ready to talk about the papers that are likely to be discussed.
- Suggest papers you want to know more about to your local experts. This will encourage people who know the subject matter to participate in the discussion.
- Comment on papers frequently. A few relevant references can really help non-experts participate in the discussion.
And that’s it!